Friday, November 26, 2010

This is how the hicks were won

So I am in Michigan much to my dismay. Here for thanksgiving break, its seeming like less and less of a vacation. Although they are family I dread spending more than 15 minutes with the country folk. Being one who appreciates art and cultural rich experiences, being stuck out in the middle of farm country poses a particular problem. Although the scenery is lovely I find myself having more in common with the dead corn fields than with any of my relatives. How ever much I could leave I can’t escape the hicks of this state. While they talk tractors I’m sealed away in the guest bedroom reading old issues of vogue that I have brought to pass the time. Thank goodness this trip I have piles of homework to keep me occupied and serve as a valid excess for my absence from family get togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment